Let me suggest...

Autosave and less intrusive save dialog

It would be nice to have the application save automatically after periods of inactivity so one could leave the window without cleanly exiting the app.

I have used other online drawing services such as dabbleboard and I can close my window without having to "clean exit" the app.

Also there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to have the OK button dialog each time one saves and additionally having the notification at the lower right corner. Please just leave the second one

198 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dukeofgaming shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminJenny Xuan (Admin, cacoo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi JAN, we are sorry to hear that. We checked the only diagram that is in the 'Owned by me' folder of your account, and the diagram seems fine.
        Please tell us how did the problem happen in details so that we can have a check.
        For communication convenience, please reply us at <support@cacoo.com>.

Thank you!

• JAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

F****** HELL. I WAS WORKING 4 HOURS ON SOMETHING AND THAN IT DISSAPEARED.....

• AdminCacoo Support (Admin, cacoo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Hasan,

You can use Ctrl + S to save your diagram. For other shortcuts, please check Help from the toolbar.

It's better to save your diagram before you leave the editing page because it'll load faster when you open it next time, and the preview on the diagram detail page will be updated.

• AdminCacoo Support (Admin, cacoo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each operations on the Editor are automatically saved.

As long as you don't click "No" when you click the blue x button on the upper right corner and are asked "Diagram has been modified. Do you want to save the changes?", you' should be able to see the latest diagram when you reopen the Editor.

• Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if saving could be done as a background task. ctrl+s takes too much time (or make saving take less time).

• rymo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Auto-save is vital for web applications like this - even the best browsers are still too fragile to be safe without frequent saving.

Feedback and Knowledge Base