Let me suggest...

Offline synchronize

I faced a problem that the internet kept to disconnect, so all my work would be refreshed and get back to last save or start, SO I think to make cacoo working off line is good idea , and reconnect to the server then synchronize the modification

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Yazan AL JundiYazan AL Jundi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same issue when I'm on the mobile network. I know I got network, but it says offline. But it worked great to duplicate the tab and save from the new one. The "offline-edited" content where still there.

• Cacoo SupportAdminCacoo Support (Admin, cacoo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline mode is to use Cacoo when the network is unstable, and have the changes synced when connection is regained. However, on certain environments, Cacoo seems to have difficulty to go back to online, and we are working to improve it. Please work on the stable cabled network rather than Wifi if available.

While your network is connected, Cacoo saves all of your changes. If Cacoo becomes offline and not getting back to online, please stop editing and close and re-open the editing screen. Your operations until you became offline are supposed to be there.

If you have worked on the diagram without noticing that you were offline, please open another editing canvas in a new tab/window and copy the changes and paste them on the diagram in the new tab.

Please make sure to save your diagram frequently, too (shortcut for Save is Ctrl + S). Your preview will look as the status when you saved last time. Also, it takes more time to load if you don't close diagrams properly.

• Cacoo SupportAdminCacoo Support (Admin, cacoo) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Cacoo becomes offline and not getting back to online, please stop editing and open the editing page on the different window or tab.

Your operations until you became offline are supposed to be there.

If you've modified a lot while you were offline, please copy the modified parts from the original page and paste on the new editing page.

We'll keep investigating what's causing this issue.

Please use Cacoo on the stable network connection to prevent the network being disconnected.

If you have issue saving a specific diagram only, please send the URL of the diagram to Cacoo Support, support@cacoo.com.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep. Still happens. Any feedback on an ETA? I work off a laptop and move around a lot, so this will happen all the time. I have no 'stable network' that I can keep connected to.

• RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, this still happens. "Please use Cacoo on the stable network connection to prevent the network being disconnected."

I do. All my other connections are fine. Looks like Cacoo is cackoo.

• JacobJacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this is a bummer. Also not obvious that this will work. Seems there is no way to reconnect. And when I opened in a new window and it was "rebuilding" it took forever.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response.

We are sorry but we are still working on to fix this issue.

Can you please let us know the versions of OS and web browsers of yours and your coworkers?

It could take time but you can copy and paste between Cacoo sheets. Please open the new editing window/tab and copy what you've modified and couldn't be saved because it's disconnected and past to the new editing canvas.

Also, please let us know if you get signed out from Cacoo as well.

Thanks for your time.

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appreciate your quick response. But right now the problem has become really bad. Cacoo is basically unusable for me and my coworkers and are being forced to wire-frame with other applications.

If Cacoo becomes offline and not getting back to online, please stop
        editing and open the editing page on the different window or tab.

Your operations until you became offline are supposed to be there.

If you've modified a lot while you were offline, please copy the modified parts from the original page and paste on the new editing page.

We'll keep investigating what's causing this issue.

Please use Cacoo on the stable network connection to prevent the network being disconnected.

Feedback and Knowledge Base